bomKnights | blog

Unique & Relaxed Reportage Wedding Photographer based in Cheshire. A page full of wedding photographs from around the UK.

Finding the extraordinary in the ordinary

It goes without saying that the big things that make up a wedding need pictures - you know, stuff like the first dance, walking down the aisle, confetti walk, cake cut, first kiss etc etc, as a Documentary photographer (and assuming those things happen) then there will be pictures of them happening naturally.

For me though they’re the easy things to take pictures of, even though not directed or set up by myself it’s pretty simple - bride walks down the aisle before she gets married, bride and groom usually kiss after ceremony, they walk out and people throw things at them, if they have a cake they cut it - all pre-determined all very easy to get pictures of.

For me though pictures of weddings aren’t about those things , they’re about the feel of it, the people at them, their relationship with each other and the couple, the cute things that happen, small exchanges, ordinary things with big meanings to the people there, someone’s smile in a picture perhaps their only one for a long time because they suffer massively with depression or anxiety - to an outsider it’s a picture of someone smiling, to an insider it’s the most important thing in the world, funny things, sad things, poignant things, the party, a little bit of irony or humour never hurt either - that’s what I’m there for, the real important stuff.

See, the traditional stuff is easy, your guests will take pictures of that too, a lot of them will be half decent as well.  For me the story is more important- the traditional pictures make up about 3% of the pictures I take, the other 97% (I know, I know maths genius right) make up the important things.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Dance floor moment, Cambridgeshire Wedding 

IMG_2438.JPG

Belle Époque Wedding venue, Cheshire  

IMG_3344.JPG

Cheshire Wedding  

IMG_0429.JPG

Lake District Wedding, Kendal Town Hall wedding ceremony  

IMG_1837.JPG

Cheshire Wedding  

IMG_1955.JPG

Manchester town hall wedding  

IMG_3284.JPG

Cheshire Wedding, dance floor  

IMG_1485.JPG

Manchester Wedding, flower girl  

IMG_2823.JPG

Knutsford Wedding, Cheshire  

IMG_3430.JPG

Mere Court Wedding, Cheshire  

IMG_1985.JPG

Cheshire LDS & Vietnamese Wedding

IMG_2265.JPG

Manchester Wedding, Midland Hotel 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Liverpool Wedding, Titanic wedding venue 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cheshire weddings, speeches, Sandhole Oak Barn venue  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Bourne Wedding, Cambridge 

IMG_2996.JPG

Liverpool Wedding, Titanic Hotel 

IMG_1251.JPG

Manchester Wedding, post speeches  

IMG_2723.JPG

Cheshire Wedding, outside 

IMG_1946.JPG

Manchester Wedding party